Maybe looking up???

So, we have the start of some ttc news. At least we're hoping so. A while ago on Facebook a very nice woman sent me a message asking if the private Catholic college I was attending was gay friendly. Well, over time topics changed a little bit when they started their ttc journey. She and her partner were so nice to help us and share their hard researched recommendations. One was for the sperm bank we ended up using. Another was the name of a obgyn who also specializes in reproductive endocrinology. She did say he was a great doctor and his nurses tried to find every way possible to reduce the cost. The cost was the main reason we wanted to try at home insemination first. Now we might be able to go to a doctor, and have insurance cover some of the cost.


Turns out, my tinkering on the Internet did some good. Not only does our insurance from a private Catholic hospital network cover me, (my wife works for them) they more than likely cover some reproductive services. The icing on the cake? The RE suggested by our friend is the only one approved by our insurance for his specialty. There is also an RE-infertility doctor so I'm not sure of the difference. Quite frankly just seeing his name under covered providers made us do a happy dance. Tomorrow I'll be calling and getting the specifics of what all is covered. Even if it's just a consultation and blood work, it's better than nothing. In the mean-time, I have an appointment Friday with my primary doctor and am asking her to run a few extra tests.


It's nice to have an optimistic outlook. Also I'm hoping the threat of pulling out the big guns may scare my system into behaving. In non-ttc news: Liz is still sick, I'm working more the next few days, and we might be moving my mom into a 3 bedroom condo soon.

Aiden & Elizabeth

Aiden & Elizabeth

About Us

We're just your average midwest couple trying to start our family in an unconventional way. We are excited, terrified, and every emotion in between. While we are not keeing our fingers crossed, we are hoping for a short and sweet ttc journey.