Challenge #2

Challenge day two: The meaning behind your blog name.

For a long time, we had resigned to adopting through foster care.  While this is not completely decided against, we were told they did not need homes for children under seven right now.  After learning this news we were very upset.  We are not of magnificent financial means, but wanted to give a child a loving home. Private adoption is not feasible.  It would be very difficult and possibly detrimental for Liz to be pregnant.  I thought for weeks about what we should do. Finally, I resigned to "taking one for the team."  Being pregnant was never one of my desires because I always wanted to be the Papi.  I told Liz of my decision on a drive home one day. Lots of crying later and we thought I would be just like a seahorse. The Papi carrying the baby but stepping back into role after the birth.  Knowing very well that I would need an outlet for my thoughts and our adventure, this blog was created. The Seahorse Chronicles is written mainly from my (Aiden) view, but is completely about our journey.

0 comments:

Aiden & Elizabeth

Aiden & Elizabeth

About Us

We're just your average midwest couple trying to start our family in an unconventional way. We are excited, terrified, and every emotion in between. While we are not keeing our fingers crossed, we are hoping for a short and sweet ttc journey.